Sorry for long wait folks. Unfortunately I have to confirm what some of you might have already suspected. The development of KernelEx has stalled. The release you see here is an almost unmodified version from February. I have decided to finally release it so that the work which has been done is not completely lost and so that you could benefit from it.
This is mainly a bug fix release with an addition of new feature for developers who want to hack around KernelEx and Windows APIs.
The update brings mainly fixes for Opera 11 and GTK application users but as usual the fixes might also help other applications.
Developers can now experiment with monitoring or filtering APIs on-the-fly in single applications without affecting the entire system.
- New KernelEx API Hook infrastructure for developers
- Various bugfixes
Apps fixed / now working:
- New Opera 11 non-MSI installer now works
- Fixed download numbers in Opera 11 not being displayed properly
- Fixed missing checkboxes in GTK applications – Pidgin and GIMP among others
- Fixed Google Earth 5.2 installation on non-english systems
Please note that Opera 11 auto-update doesn’t currently work, so you have to perform the updates manually.
You can download the new release here.