The wait is finally over. KernelEx 4.5 has now gone final, which means this is the new stable release.
Because of the stability fixes it is a recommended update for 4.5 beta and RC users.
Check out our new Wiki. The wiki, and in particular its compatibility database requires your help to grow into something bigger and more useful. After free registration anyone can add new entries, but new users will be required to enter captcha code on every edit, to reduce spam problem.
- Reworked installer (should be more compatible with kernel32 updates)
- New welcome screen
- Fixed stability of extended TLS code
- Fixed hang issues with printers
- Added Windows Installer compatibility database for MSI files patching
Apps fixed / now working:
- Fixed: Foxit Reader 3.1 drag-and-drop crash
- Fixed: Qt 4.6+ hotkey issues
- Fixed: Opera 11 ‘about:’ pages
- Fixed: Firefox displaying file save dialog twice
- Fixed: caret not showing on some configurations (Opera)
- Now working: Google Earth 5.2 (6.0 beta experimentally)
This release includes new feature to ease installation of MSI format packages that contain a check for Windows NT system.
This feature uses a database which means it won’t magically work for all MSI files at once, it rather needs adding an entry for each and every MSI file.
Currently the database includes entries for Microsoft Word Viewer 2003, Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003, Microsoft Office 2007 File Format Converters, Google Earth 5.1, 5.2 and Adobe Reader 7.0 (all english versions only!).
You can download the new release here.